[CDBI] Class::DBI vs DBIx::Class

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Tue Jan 17 16:42:05 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 16:15 +0000, Matt S Trout wrote:
> - Multi-col primary key support natively from the start
>     (although CDBI is much better these days, I think there are still gotchas)

AFAIK, the only thing missing from multi-column key support in CDBI is
relationships (has_a/many) using multi-column keys.

> - Objects don't end up being isa DBI

CDBI objects don't inherit from DBI.  They do inherit from the
confusingly-named Ima::DBI, which does not actually inherit from DBI.

Does DBIx::Class work with non-subclasses DBI handles (as opposed to the
DBIx::ContextualFetch handles that CDBI requires)?  If so, I would
consider that a point in its favor.