[CDBI] Class::DBI vs DBIx::Class

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jan 18 01:27:26 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 10:30:47AM -0800, Ryan Tate wrote:
> DBIx::Class isn't quite easy or clear enough yet, at least not from
> where I sit. (Not that this is a surprise or a slam, considering the
> module is at 0.04xxx.)

One of the issues with consolidated documentation is that DBIx::Class
isn't "a module", it's a collection of classes and components that snap
together to form as much (or as little) of an ORM as you need for your
project.

> Again I'm not trying to slam the module, just pointing out what is
> slowing up adoption for one relatively busy person. Whenever I look at
> DBIx::Class, I feel like I'm drowning.

Documentation should start to settle down after 0.05; most of the
user-facing APIs now have at least skeleton reference documentation and
there's some fantastic introductory stuff in the works.

Would you mind either posting your e-mail to the DBIx::Class list (if you
don't want to subscribe I'll happily approve the posting) or letting me
forward it on? The documentation contributors would probably be interested
to read it.