[CDBI] Class::DBI vs DBIx::Class

Dmitri Bichko dbichko at aveopharma.com
Wed Jan 18 16:22:09 GMT 2006

> On 1/18/06 6:36 AM, Tim Bunce wrote:
> be passing 3
> >>
> >> I explored that a while ago (Rose::DB::Object passes 3 as you
> >> suggest), but it still doesn't account for the situation
> where the db
> >> supports server-side prepared statements and the schema changes
> >> between calls.  I encountered this in my benchmark suite, which
> >> creates and drops indexes as part of its execution.  Any statement
> >> that was prepare_cache()d server-side when the indexes
> existed will
> >> fail if execute()d after the indexes are dropped.
> >
> > That's a database-specific issue. What database were you using?
>
> Postgres.

Does VACUUM ANALYZEing after dropping the index help?

Dmitri

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer