[CDBI] Prepared statement handle error under mod_perl

Ryan Tate lists at ryantate.com
Thu Jan 19 17:57:36 GMT 2006

On 1/19/06, Perrin Harkins <perrin at elem.com> wrote:
> You can probably just kill the connection from the server side to get
> the same effect.

That would be far too intelligent ... but I tried this technique at
your insistence.

Doing so, I was able to confirm that this was an issue with
mysql_auto_reconnect. Setting it to 0 in my connection attributes
allowed my Web app to survive a stop and start of mysqld just fine.
Leaving the DBD::mysql default in place (and thus leaving
mysql_auto_reconnect at 1, since I'm running under mod_perl), the Web
app produced the aforementioned error after stopping and then starting
mysqld.

So thanks for solving this problem!

RT