[CDBI] How well does Class::DBI scale?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 15:05:44 GMT 2006

Hi Rick,

Your results are pretty much what I expected to see, but one thing I
have frequently done is skip using objects when they aren't needed -
if you are generating a dropdown in a form, you only need the id and
name fields so far large frequently used lists I just re-use the
search queries, but fetchall_arrayref on them instead of
sth_to_objects - saves on instantiating dozens or hundreds of objects,
and if it's mostly static and re-used a lot you can pull it in at
startup and re-use a cached copy of the list.

A.