[CDBI] Deep recursion on subroutine "Class::DBI::_flesh"

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Jan 26 19:39:09 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 12:07 -0500, Dan Fisher wrote:
> Any thoughts on this? Do I need to put this method in a base class
> that alll CDBI classes will inherit from or is there any chance that
> this behavior can be integrated into CDBI-proper?

In previous discussions, the answer has been that CDBI doesn't support
having objects that are not in the database.  What you're doing is not
recommended.  I do recall someone making a class that would provide
accessors to mimic a Class::DBI class, and then write that out to the
database.  That's probably the safest solution.  It would be in the
mailing list archives.