[CDBI] (no subject)

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Fri Jul 21 20:07:05 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 12:02 -0700, Rod McChesney wrote:
> > Run a reverse proxy in front of mod_perl.  Then only the processes that
> > actually need a connection will have one.
>
> Could you possibly expand on this a little? I'm not quite following
> how it would work but it sounds interesting.

You can read more about it in the book:
http://modperlbook.org/html/ch12_01.html

The gist is that you send all the static requests to a non-mod_perl
server with no database connections.  Your dynamic requests all need a
database handle anyway, so pooling is of no benefit.  You just need to
keep the static ones from tying up database handles.