ORM comparison suggestion (was Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI vs DBIx::Class)

Peter Speltz peterspeltz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 06:56:27 GMT 2006

On 2/28/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 01:20:34PM +0000, William Ross wrote:

> Sounds like fun, except suddenly it's a web framework competition as well.
> Which somewhat misses the point.

I dont think so. How a framework uses / can use an ORM is quite
relevant. Is there a good bit of code written for you already -- a
nifty base class for your ORM ?  How can you use your ORM with this
framework?  In Maypole, if you dont want to use a Class::DBI type ORM
you have some work to do before you can use Maypole.  So i say what
frameworks do with ORMs is relevant to ORM comparison.  Could be the
most relevant thing for me actually as when it comes down to it, most
or a good deal of my code is on the ORM level it seems.