[CDBI] Re: Transactions between HTTP requests?

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 8 18:39:39 GMT 2006

> So, I guess the two questions are: Is it possible to do this somehow,
> and if so, is it a good idea?

Well, not between HTTP requests, as you surmised. I guess if I had to
implement something like you are describing, I would store the state from
before and after the change somewhere that the user can't see. I.e., store a
copy of the old objects and a copy of the new objects in some "transaction"
table in the database. If the user wants to revert, then I would delete the
new objects and re-populate the old objects. Or something like that.

Hope this helps,
Ed