[CDBI] Transactions between HTTP requests?

Juan Camacho jc5826 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 18:56:11 GMT 2006

On 3/8/06, Carlos Vicente <cvicente at network-services.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> operations if he's not satisfied with the results.  The problem, as you
> may have already guessed, is that the user has to issue a new HTTP
> request, which might end up using a different Apache client process in
> which the transaction context does not exist (AutoUpdate is still ON,
> etc).  I've tested it configuring Apache to fork only one process and it
> works fine, but that's not a solution.
>
> So, I guess the two questions are: Is it possible to do this somehow,
> and if so, is it a good idea?

I understand this to mean that you want to commit/rollback your
changes with a different child process.

Without going into the merits or viability of this approach (bad idea
BTW IMO), I would suggest you design for this functionality.  For
example, create a versioning table that contains old values, or add an
extra column to tables that indicate the state of the record (review,
approved, unapproved, etc.).  Much more work, I know :)

Juan