[CDBI] Apps using Class::DBI

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Mar 29 19:39:17 BST 2006

Carlos Vicente wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 09:44 -0800, Dan Sully wrote:
>> * Carlos Vicente shaped the electrons to say...
>>
>>> In my case, as my project grows, I'd like to see how people have
>>> designed their class hierarchies around CDBI.
>> Start by going to http://search.cpan.org/~mstrout/DBIx-Class-0.06000/
>>
>> And then not thinking about Class::DBI anymore.
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  I am aware of DBIC, but at this point, I've
> already written too much code using CDBI and I couldn't even consider
> migrating to a different OO mapper.

If your database is complex enough you believe you're at the "too much code"
point you'll almost certainly have to switch to something more powerful at
some stage, and probably the sooner the better. My work on join and prefetch
support in Class::DBI::Sweet does a reasonable job of papering over the
cracks, but it won't get rid of them.