[CDBI] before and after update values in before_update trigger

Sorin Milutinovici sorin-cdbi at contentlogic.ro
Mon May 1 11:39:04 BST 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm not using Class::DBI for long so this may be a simple question:

Is it possible to obtain in a before_update trigger both values of an updated
field - the value before the fileld was updated and the value that will be
assigned to that field after update?

If the answer is yes, how can I do that?

Now, $self->{field} gives me the value _after_ update, even in before_update
trigger.

If the answer is no - can (and should) be implemented somehow?

Thank you,

Sorin Milutinovici

--
Semper in excrementul sole profundum qui variat