[CDBI] why retrieve doesn't return an object

Ken Perl kenperl at gmail.com
Thu May 18 11:39:51 BST 2006

sorry, It is my program's problem.
When I try to re-bless the object returned from retrieve, I met some
trouble, so when I debug the program, I found it returns just a
scalar.

so, could you give me some clue how to re-bless the object returned
from the method retrieve? prefer any example code.

On 5/18/06, Dave Howorth <dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Ken Perl wrote:
> > In the document it says that retrieve will return a object, but in
> > fact it doesn't, it returns just a scalar, look into the code of
> > Class::DBI at line 664,
> >
> > 664:            return $rows[0];
> >
> > $obj = Class->retrieve( %hash );
> >
> > is this a bug?
>
> What makes you think $rows[0] isn't an object?
>
> Cheers, Dave

perl -e 'print unpack(u,"62V5N\"FME;G\!E<FQ`9VUA:6PN8V]M\"\@``
")'