[CDBI] C::DBI Memory usage

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:33:56 BST 2006

Hi All,

I'm working on scheduling daemon in perl, it uses C::DBI to handle
DB/Object Persistence, etc as you'd expect.

Unfortunately I'm having issues with the ammount of memory it uses
after 24 hours of running.

I've managed to replace the only global and long living objects and
data structures with  array-based objects so I no longer have any
global or package hashes in the main daemon class - unfortunately it
uses several CDBI classes (no plugins) and I'm starting to think these
are gobbling memory.

I'm assuming that CDBI objects are hash based, and over time the size
of those hashes will grow but none of the objects are in scope for
more than a few minutes and so shouldn't be using memory - are there
any global's that could be grabbing memory over time?

Also has anybody else encountered this problem, or succesfully used
CDBI in a long-running ( i.e. over 48 hours ) program?

Cheers,

A.