[CDBI] C::DBI Memory usage

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri May 26 13:44:30 BST 2006

Hi all,

A quick update on my memory usage problems..

Changing from connect_cached to connect has at least halved the memory
usage increases which is a bonus, but I've already specifed
WeakenIsAvailable to be 0 which should force C::DBI to not use the
liveobjectindex.

Memory::Size::Report breaks C::DBI if I try and report_size on
\%Class::DBI:: which is annoying and I'm struggling to find where all
this memory is going.. Devel::LeakTrace won't report until the program
finishes and I'm currently running it for 12, 24 or 48 hours so that's
not much help.

On the plus side - Log4perl had no impact on the memory increases so I
get to keep it :)

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

A.