[CDBI] C::DBI Memory usage

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri May 26 15:41:59 BST 2006

On 26/05/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> Aaron Trevena wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A quick update on my memory usage problems..
> >
> > Changing from connect_cached to connect has at least halved the memory
> > usage increases which is a bonus, but I've already specifed
> > WeakenIsAvailable to be 0 which should force C::DBI to not use the
> > liveobjectindex.
>
> *bets on $dbh->{CachedKids}*
>
> Have you tried clearing this yet (set it to {})?

A quick tip for other's with the same problem : CachedKids is
populated by prepare_cached, which C::DBI uses, this is different to
connect_cached and liveobjectindex which are seperate things you can
turn off.

Hopefully I'll have no more spiraling memory and report back with the
fixes I used.

In the meantime many thanks once again to Perrin (who is, frankly, a
Star) and MST (who would be a star if he wasn't so busy plugging his
shiny new crack ;)

cheers,

A.