[CDBI] C::DBI Memory usage

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Fri May 26 19:02:58 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 13:44 +0100, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> Changing from connect_cached to connect has at least halved the memory
> usage increases which is a bonus

That's odd.  Ima::DBI already keeps the connection persistent in a
closure, so I'd expect this to have very little effect.  It normally
would only get called once per process.

> Memory::Size::Report breaks C::DBI if I try and report_size on
> \%Class::DBI::

How does it break?

> Devel::LeakTrace won't report until the program
> finishes and I'm currently running it for 12, 24 or 48 hours so that's
> not much help.

You need to make your testing procedure reproducible.  Ideally you would
run a test that pounds on the thing for five minutes and then runs this
report and quits.  You don't want to wait 24 hours for results.