[CDBI] Problem with new DBD::mysql driver?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 30 20:48:42 BST 2006

jmessrie at cox.net wrote:
> Recently I upgraded from 3.0003 to 3.0004.  I noticed that I suddenly started receiving tons of warnings from my Class::DBI scripts such as:
>
> statement handle DBIx::ContextualFetch::st=HASH(0x18bfe60) still Active at /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Ima/DBI.pm line 381
>
> It seems like these warnings are from prepare_cached.  The scripts would still run properly despite the warnings.   I downgraded back to 3.0003 and everything is fine again.  Did anyone else see something like this?

I suspect that's mysql_auto_reconnect clearing the CachedKids when it
reconnects, which was done in the name of getting rid of a large class
of nasty lurking bugs.

That you have lots of active sths around is weird and probably not a
good thing, though.

(I am not a DBD expert. those who are, please augment/correct as
appropriate)