[CDBI] Re: Script that crashes mod_perl

Eric Just e-just at northwestern.edu
Mon Oct 9 15:29:42 BST 2006

>Something's leaking memory, I'd guess, though I would have thought that it
>would take more than 2000 requests before you'd see a problem. Things I would
>try to prevent memory leaks:
>
>1. Add "undef $auto_cv;" to the bottom of your script.

Tried
>2. Put an open brace before "my ($auto_cv)" and a close brace at the end of
>    the script.

Tried

>3. Instead of
>          my ($auto_cv) = dicty::CV->search( name => 'autocreated' );
>    use the following:
>          my $auto_cv = dicty::CV->search( name => 'autocreated' )->first;

Tried

>4. Put each of the packages in separate .pm files and "use" them instead of
>    putting them all in the same file.

Tried

>Just some random ideas. Not sure if they will help or not.
>
> > I am using windows XP and Xampp and Class::DBI 3.0.6
>
>If you're upgrading the version of CDBI you're using, why not upgrade to the
>latest, v3.0.15?

Upgraded

> > dicty::Testing->set_db('Main','dbi:Oracle:dictyBase', 'xxx', 'xxx');
>
>set_db() is certainly out of fashion, if it isn't deprecated. I suggest using
>the "connection" method, like so:
>
>__PACKAGE__->connection($data_source, $user, $password, \%attr);

Tried

>Refer to:
>http://search.cpan.org/~tmtm/Class-DBI/lib/Class/DBI.pm#connection
>
>Hope this helps,
>Ed

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I have given each one of them a shot. It
is still throwing the same error:

[notice] Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.

Would you be able to give me any hints as to where to go from here or any
troubleshooting hints?

Thanks again,

Eric

Eric Just