[CDBI] Re: Disabling cascading before_update/after_update triggers

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 18 04:49:28 BST 2006

Andrew O'Brien wrote:
> I had to extend the disabling triggers example on
> http://wiki.class-dbi.com/wiki/Working_with_triggers to allow me to only
> disable the after_update trigger while I was in the function call - all
> other triggers had to remain functional.

I like what you did here, but isn't it unnecessary to disable after_update
triggers if you use __attribute_set() or __attribute_store() instead of
set() in your trigger? That's what that wiki page says, right? I'm by no
means a CDBI trigger expert...

> Is this useful to anyone and worth adding to the wiki?

Certainly! Concrete examples like this are very much worth adding to the
wiki.

Thanks,
Ed