[CDBI] Re: Was it deleted?

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Sep 21 21:35:41 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 13:21 -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Yes, that's what I meant.  I'm using transactions but to catch that
> you have to use serializable transactions and re-read the objects once
> inside the transaction.

If you actually want to prevent other people from deleting it, you
probably want a SELECT...FOR UPDATE or similar to get a write lock on
it.

> Of course, even if CDBI did check the row count there's the issue of
> what to do with the triggers if no rows are updated.

Yes, if you use delete triggers that's probably the most likely reason
to care about this.  Otherwise, most people won't mind if an object they
wanted to delete was deleted by someone else.