[CDBI] Re: odd swapping database issue on vhost / mason install

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 3 01:31:21 BST 2007

Alan <alan at ufies.org> wrote:
> The mason install is separated but the two CMS::DBI libraries (one
> running under each vhost) seem to be clashing.

So the two CMS::DBI libraries mainly differ just in the connection() setup?

You say you have separate Mason roots, but are you sure you're running
separate mod_perl servers? I would think you would need a single lightweight
frontend vhost server that proxies to two separate Mason/mod_perl
heavyweight servers. Also, is there any chance the @INC could be getting
mixed up between the installations?

The next thing I would try is disabling the object index. Put

$Class::DBI::Weaken_Is_Available = 0;

in your startup.pl file. If that solves the problem, then you have a scoping
problem somewhere in your Mason code....

Hope this helps,
Ed