[CDBI] Make name_lc go fast

Brad Bowman list at bereft.net
Tue Apr 3 03:02:40 BST 2007

Brad Bowman wrote to himself:
> I've been trying to find a way to cleanly insert the lc-free code but
> haven't yet succeeded.  I thought overriding _column_class would do it
> but it just produced an error:
>
>   Column line does not exist
>   at /usr/share/perl5/Class/DBI/Relationship/HasA.pm line 11
> [...]
> I hope to remove the name_lc overhead one way or another, does anyone
> have any tips on how to do this nicely.  The only way I've found that
> works is copying and editing Class::DBI::Column.  Is there another way?

I fixed this.  My alternative Column class needed to
be a Class::DBI::Column for Class::DBI::ColumnGrouper.

ColumnGrouper line 84:

     # TODO remove this
     croak "Need a Column, got $col" unless $col->isa("Class::DBI::Column");

I'm using 3.0.14 but 3.0.16 still has this line.

Brad

--
  When faced with a crisis, if one puts some spittle on his earlobe and
  exhales deeply through his nose, he will overcome anything at hand.