[CDBI] Make name_lc go fast

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:32:16 BST 2007

On 03/04/07, Brad Bowman <list at bereft.net> wrote:
> Rerunning with -r I get the opposite result, somehow not doing the lc
> makes things slower.  If this is a real effect, it could be due to my
> Column class inheriting Class::DBI::Column.  I also suspect that
> the subs may be so small and quick that the differences are artifacts
> of the profiling.  The results:

Is this 5% difference ( give/take a margin of error almost as large)
worth the trouble of investigating?

I'd suggest running some benchmarks against a realistic dataset on a
network/server/database setup resembling the production environment
you plan and seeing where real bottlenecks are.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk