[CDBI] Passing DB Connectivity Data to Related Objects

Berg, Eric eric.berg at lehman.com
Wed Apr 4 00:00:48 BST 2007

We have a number of databases to which we need to connect as different
users.  These databases share a common schema, and we have cdbi classes
defined to access them on a single server.

We can also create db handles for any of our servers by specifying
parameters to our new() method that are passed to our db_Main() method.
This works well.

The problem that we're anticipating at this point is that when we begin
getting related objects ( @tracks = $cd->tracks(); ) I'm not sure how to
make sure that the same parameters are used to get the database handle
when retrieving the Track objects.

CDBI may be smart enough, but I'd like to a) be sure, and b) understand
just what is passed in this relationship.  (i.e., in the CD -> Track)
relationship.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Eric.

--------
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:
Please be advised that any discussion of U.S. tax matters contained within this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of (i) avoiding U.S. tax related penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.