[CDBI] Re: Class::DBI::Audit

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 24 21:57:36 BST 2007

Brian Duggan wrote:
> Any comments or criticisms would be appreciated.

This is the first usage I've seen of "use mixin" even though CPAN says its
been around since 2002. Nifty.

The whole module is pretty neat. It's not immediately clear as to how tightly
the module is tied to the schema in the SYNOPSIS, but it looks like it can be
altered for differents databases and schemas pretty easily, so that's cool.

I'm not a fan of the usage of "studlyCaps" for the method names auditTable()
and auditColumns(), but that's a personal preference, I suppose. I would have
used audit_table() and audit_columns() personally, which also fits in more
with the Class::DBI method names.

Hope this feedback helps,
Ed