[CDBI] has_many using deprecated Class::DBI::Query ?

Charlie Katz ckatz at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:25:04 GMT 2007

Hi,

I got no reponses to my question, so at the risk of annoying everyone, I'll
ask again (last time, I promise).

> I've just started using CDBI, and am finding that when using has_many
> relationships, I'm getting
>
>  Class::DBI::Query deprecated
> at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/Class/DBI/Relationship/HasMany.pm line 150
>
> I'm running Class::DBI v3.0.16, recently installed. I had no CDBI installed
> before this one. (actually I'm using Class::DBI::SQLite 0.11, but of course
> that just subclasses CDBI, right?)
>
> I can't find any references to this problem by Googling.  Have I gotten
> myself into a screwed-up situation here?  My copy of
> Class::DBI::Relationship::HasMany came along with the CDBI v3.0.16
> installation, right? Why is it using a module that was deprecated in April
> 2004?

Does anyone have any ideas about this issue?  I'd like to fix it,
especially if I am doing something incorrectly.

Am I missing an important point here?  I'm just using has_many as described in
the CDBI docs. Do experienced CDBI people generally use has_many?  If
Class::DBI::Query is deprecated, what is recommended instead?  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Charlie

--
Charlie Katz
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
ckatz at cfa.harvard.edu