[CDBI] installation problems ...

Francis Dierick francis.dierick at psb.ugent.be
Tue Feb 13 10:49:50 GMT 2007

Maybe something is wrong with the .so files on this machine? Maybe I
should explain you our setup:

* everything is installed / compiled on a BUILD machine in /usr/local
* /usr/local is then nfs-mounted on the TARGET machine (identical
architecture, etc ...)

My guess is, for some reason the BUILD machine finds the correct .so
files while the TARGET machine does not ...

A question that might help me in my debugging quest:

Q: How can I find which .so files are actually used by perl? Is this
related to @INC?

Additionally, ... It seems Storable.pm are NOT the same on the two
machines ...

diff Storable_psbdev01.pm Storable_werewulf.pm
24c24
< $VERSION = '2.13';
---
 > $VERSION = '2.15';
31c31,34
< eval "use Log::Agent";
---
 > {
 >     local $SIG{__DIE__};
 >     eval "use Log::Agent";
 > }
697a701,734

Q: Is downgrading to 2.13 going to help? What about just chaning the
$VERSION line to 2.13?

Cheers - Francis