[CDBI] Make CDBI go fast

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Feb 15 21:14:46 GMT 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 12:30:41PM -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> You'd be surprised how long it takes to create 100,000 CDBI objects,
> inflate their columns, use their accessors, flesh out their
> groups....

I think of CDBI as a great way to represent relationships and very
helpful when working with a few object, which is what I seem to do
most of the time.

For reports or generating csv output, for example -- anything
that might generate a lot of rows -- I tend to just use DBI directly.
I guess I never though of CDBI as a complete replacement for all
database access.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org