[CDBI] Re: Fast fetch-on-demand iterator complete

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Thu Feb 22 05:03:13 GMT 2007

Edward J. Sabol wrote:
> Michael Schwern wrote:
>> I've completed work on the fetch-on-demand iterator. You can get the patch
>> here: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=24959
>
> I like the overall implementation very much. Very unobtrusive. The
> refactoring and ->iterator_class(...) class method is very much in the spirit
> of Class::DBI.

FWIW iterator_class() was already there.

> I do have a few nits to pick, however:
>
> I suggest wrapping all pod lines to less than 80 columns and removing any
> hard tabs in pod, such as in the following line:
>
> "Class::DBI ships with several iterator classes.	 See L<SEE ALSO> here in this document for a list.	Others may be found on CPAN."
>
> Style nits: "unless( ... )" should be "unless (...)" and "if( ... )" should be
> "if (...)" to adhere to (presumably Tony's at this point) overall Class::DBI
> programming style.

My eyes are crossing right now.  If someone would be so good as to do this for me and resubmit the patch that would be great.

>> It requires an Ima::DBI patch to allow finer control of the statement
>> handle cache. http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=25073
>
> This is long overdue and *much* needed. If we could get Perrin's
> mod_perl-related patch integrated too, we'd have a damn fine Ima::DBI release
> here.

Tony's gone dark the last two weeks, presumably setting up his new job.  I'll poke him with sticks.

> And
> "OnDemand::Opportunistic" seems overly long. Maybe just "Hybrid" instead?

No arguments that its long.  I thought of using Hybrid, but it doesn't say what its a hybrid of.