[CDBI] mod_perl problems

Bill Hess bhess at techrg.com
Fri Feb 23 03:12:52 GMT 2007

pretty new to CDBI - trying to use it in a mod_perl environment and have
seen some info on it and a recent thread -
http://lists.digitalcraftsmen.net/pipermail/classdbi/2006-November/001407.html
- but still having "caching" issues.  I am pretty sure that my issue is
directly related to mod_perl since I do not have any issues when running
Apache in single process mode ( httpd -X )

I have tried turning off the live object cache without success but I am
not sure if I am doing it correctly or have it in the right place in the
code:

package MyClass::DBI;
use strict;
use base 'Class::DBI';
$MyClass::DBI::weaken_is_available = 0;

Should this do the trick?

Also tried printing the live objects to STDERR - using Dumper
\%MyClass::DBI::Live_Objects - but do not get anything except an empty hash.

I have also tried other suggestions found at
http://wiki.class-dbi.com/wiki/Common_problems without success - Not
sure where to turn next.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

--