[CDBI] mod_perl problems

Bill Hess bhess at techrg.com
Sun Feb 25 02:24:45 GMT 2007

Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Bill Hess <bhess at techrg.com> wrote:
>> - but still having "caching" issues.
>
> Can you describe the symptoms?  Is it reproducible?  What database are
> you using?  Have you checked the isolation level?
We are getting recs that are older than ones we expect to get - when
running a web based UI under Apache in single process mode (httpd -X) we
have no problems - only when we have it running normally under mod_perl
(Apache::Registry) - which means that multiple Perl interpreters are spawned

We are using MySQL

Have not checked the isolation level - not sure what this means but will
research it against the CDBI docs and try to do so...

>> $MyClass::DBI::weaken_is_available = 0;
>>
>> Should this do the trick?
>
> No.  You have to do exactly what it shows in the wiki:
> $Class::DBI::Weaken_Is_Available = 0;
I made this change and this seems to fix my problem!  Thanks!

This setting will not allow me to take advantage of the index cache for
any of my objects.
Also - besides not using the index cache - are there any other issues
with setting $Class::DBI::Weaken_Is_Available = 0;
with mod_perl for example more memory usage than normal, etc...

Is there a way to pick and choose which objects use the index cache?