[CDBI] Re: Class::DBI with multiple db connections

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 11 18:58:03 GMT 2007

> [Am] I missing something here?

Class::DBI forces the Ima::DBI database connection name to be "Main". This
was an intentional design decision to simplify the API.

If you do override this design decision to enable multiple database
connections, I think you will need to turn off the object index; otherwise,
the object index will end up getting confused as to which objects belong to
which database. I know there was a RT bug concerning that issue, but I don't
believe it was ever resolved.

Hope this helps,
Ed