[CDBI] Re: intruding warnings from active statement handle

Dave Baker davebaker at benefitslink.com
Sun Jan 21 01:40:43 GMT 2007

Edward J. Sabol <sabol at ...> writes:

> Personally, I would recommend downgrading DBD::SQLite to version 1.12, as
> suggested by the bug reporter.

That fix worked for me; this thread was a blessing! Thanks, Ed.

I kept getting errors like "DBD::SQLite::st fetchrow_array warning: not an
error(0) at dbdimp.c line 504" and "statement handle
DBIx::ContextualFetch::st=HASH(0x8529a00) still Active at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Ima/DBI.pm" when trying to install
Class-DBI-v3.0.16 via cpan (during the automatic make test phase).

Here's how I downgraded DBD::SQLite to version 1.12, eliminating those errors,
in case it helps someone, especially non-professionals like me):

I installed the following script (source:
http://www.perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/2006-August/008129.html) on my server,
naming it uninstall.pl:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

use ExtUtils::Packlist;
use ExtUtils::Installed;

$ARGV[0] or die "Usage: $0 Module::Name\n";

my $mod = $ARGV[0];

my $inst = ExtUtils::Installed->new();

    foreach my $item (sort($inst->files($mod))) {
             print "removing $item\n";
             unlink $item;
          }

     my $packfile = $inst->packlist($mod)->packlist_file();
          print "removing $packfile\n";
          unlink $packfile;

---

Then I ran (from a shell, while in the working directory containing the
uninstall.pl script):
./uninstall.pl DBD::SQLite

Then I started the cpan executable by entering:
cpan

Then, once the cpan> prompt came up, I entered:
install M/MS/MSERGEANT/DBD-SQLite-1.12.tar.gz

After that module was installed, the installation of Class-DBI-v3.0.16 via cpan
(install Class::DBI) on my server succeeded (except for two test failures
concerning mysql; I was able to fix those using a method I'll describe in
another post, in case it helps somebody).

---

Best regards,
Dave Baker