[CDBI] ANNOUNCE: Ima::DBI 0.35 released

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Jun 11 00:03:06 BST 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 06:09:03PM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> At long last, the uploaded file
>
>    Ima-DBI-0.35.tar.gz
>
> has entered CPAN as
>
>  file: $CPAN/authors/id/P/PE/PERRIN/Ima-DBI-0.35.tar.gz
>  size: 15932 bytes
>   md5: f3c5c0b1fe509556ca35f08aae91b3f5
>
> This version incorporates the patch I posted earlier on this list for
> use in forked environments and makes most of the mod_perl information
> on the wiki obsolete.  When the file has finished propagating, I will
> modify the wiki to reflect this.

Have you got something equivalent to DBIx::Class' thread-safety code yet?
(-not- a DBIC plug, I encourage everybody who doesn't have something eqivalent
to steal it :)

More importantly, is there yet any way to selectively turn off prepare_cached
use for Class::DBI code? The lack of that has been driving me insane, and
means I've got monkeypatch code in our couple of remaining CDBI apps (yes,
prepare_cached should in theory always be safe, but certain DBDs can't handle
it and failing to pass $f_active leaves it buggy in other cases as well).