[CDBI] ANNOUNCE: Ima::DBI 0.35 released

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Jun 11 03:35:18 BST 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 10:01:03PM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On 6/10/07, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> >Have you got something equivalent to DBIx::Class' thread-safety code yet?
>
> I don't use Windows, so I don't use threads.  If someone who does use
> them and is willing to test with them wants to send me a patch, I will
> make sure it goes to CPAN.  It should be very simple, as discussed
> previously on this list.

There's always -somebody- who uses the worker MPM on !Win32.

I don't use 'em either, I just like to support them anyway.

I -think- you could probably cargo-cult tests for this as well.

> >More importantly, is there yet any way to selectively turn off
> >prepare_cached
> >use for Class::DBI code?
>
> Turning it off would be a Class::DBI thing.  Would it fix your problem
> if Ima::DBI always passed an $if_active value of 3 when calling
> prepare_cached?

Well, that would make prepare_cached not dangerous where your DB supports
it appropriately - it only currently works for CDBI because the sth is fully
used and then thrown away every time.

But a global flag to say "look, just don't use prepare_cached" would also
be nice - the problem is that the choice is set at ->set_sql time so if your
superclass (whether CDBI or otherwise) says "yes" you have absolutely no
way to change your mind in a subclass, which is a complete pain.