[CDBI] DBIx::Class::CDBICompat unofficial alpha

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Jun 13 20:31:01 BST 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 10:32:48AM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> The benefit of CDBICompat is it provides the tools to make my app faster
> without having to immediately rewrite the whole app.  Just dropping it in
> place doesn't actually make my app faster, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if
> it were a little slower.  But I can now find the bottlenecks in my code, such
> as expensive expansion of related objects, and use new DBIC features
> (prefetch) to do them more efficiently.

So, have you decided to use CDBICompat instead of making the changes
to CDBI discussed in your Valentines Day email to the list?  It will
be interesting to hear hour using CDBICompat helps speed things up.

Class::DBI::Sweet has a prefetch feature, although I'm sure it's quite
crude compared to DBIC's implementation.

I don't use CDBI::Sweet's prefetch often, it turns out, since I tend to
write classes for views, or use set_sql to write more complex queries.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org