[CDBI] Many-to-many relationships of same type?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jun 20 10:46:55 BST 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 09:54:02AM +0100, Ciaran Hamilton wrote:
> (resending as I forgot to CC the list - sorry for the dupe, Matt!)

I sent the original response off-list intentionally to avoid getting into
an advocacy discussion on the list, since the CDBI list really isn't the
place for me to be telling people why I don't think they should use it anymore.

> On 6/19/07, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> >You might want to have a look at http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class/
> >- it was intentionally built as a successor to Class::DBI with Tony's
> >blessing

(for those of you about to flame me, this was his blessing to start a new
projects rather than continue trying to extend/refactor the existing codebase
since we both agreed it wasn't usefully possible to the extent of supporting
the features I had in mind - I'm not claiming sanction for considering DBIC
a preferred replacement)