[CDBI] postgres and case sensitive table names

Carlos Vicente cvicente at network-services.uoregon.edu
Thu Jun 28 00:50:17 BST 2007

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been asked before.  I didn't find any useful
posts in the list regarding this problem.

I have a large application that has been using MySQL until now.  I
started looking at what would be necessary to allow the user to use Pg
instead.  My table names (not column names) have mixed upper/lowercase
letters.  I am able to create those tables in Pg with the same names by
enclosing them in double quotes, but it looks like the SQL that CDBI
generates would need to also enclose those table names in double
quotes.  I get errors like:

RR can't SELECT id, zone, name, origin
FROM rr
WHERE name LIKE ?
: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: relation "rr" does not exist
[for Statement "SELECT id, zone, name, origin
FROM rr
WHERE name LIKE ?

What are my options?  I could modify all my table names to make them all
lowercase, but that would require massive amounts of changes in my code.

Thanks for any help.

cv