[CDBI] Re: custom accessor problem?

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 13 15:13:40 GMT 2007

Adam wrote:
> It's in the Class::DBI pod -
> http://search.cpan.org/~tmtm/Class-DBI-v3.0.16/lib/Class/DBI.pm#Changing_Your_Column_Accessor_Method_Names
> so I didn't think I was being especially naughty :-)

Oh, that's just a "passing mention," not real documentation. ;-) Sorry, yes,
you're right. I still think you probably just need to specify the
'placeholder', an SQL fragment that can convert the Perl string back to a
datetime datatype. Have you tried that yet?

>> There are a couple entries in the CDBI Cookbook that you should read:
>>
>> http://wiki.class-dbi.com/wiki/Setting_system_date_fields
>> http://wiki.class-dbi.com/wiki/Working_With_Oracle_Date_Fields
>>
>> Hope this helps, Ed
>
> Sort of - I guess I was hoping for a way to use custom sql for columns
> rather than a specific solution to the datetime issue.

Not sure what you mean. The examples in that first Wiki page are using custom
SQL.