[CDBI] Re: essential fields not populating as expected

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue May 1 04:18:49 BST 2007

Jon Burdge wrote:
> What I'd really like is a way to create more than one object from each row,
> something like:  "select b.*, a.* from b join a on b.a = a.aid" which would
> return a list of B objects with the A objects all preloaded from the same
> set of results.  I haven't been able to find any examples on the wiki of
> anything like this, though.

The relevant node on the wiki is

http://wiki.class-dbi.com/wiki/Using_joins

I *think* there is a relevant bug report in RT for the specific problem you
are experincing:

I strongly recommend that you chime in there and post your example code that
exhibits the problem. Better yet, if you could adapt one of the t/*.t from
the Class::DBI distribution to be a failing test case which would fit right
into the test suite, that would be *really* helpful, I hope. That might prod
Tony to look into the problem and devise a solution.

Hope this helps,
Ed