[CDBI] Re: Serializing a CDBI object

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed May 2 17:31:57 BST 2007

Bill Moseley wrote:
> I'm currently saving the user id in the session and then for each
> request retrieving the user object again.  So, I'm curious to see what
> it might take to save their object in the session to avoid the trip to
> the database for every request.  In this situation it's ok to have stale
> user data for the entire session.

Are you using mod_perl? If so, I think just storing the user object in
$r->pnotes() would be a lot easier...

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/RequestUtil.html#C_pnotes_

But I guess that wouldn't be shared across multiple Apache child processes.
What method are you thinking of using? Memcached?