[CDBI] Re: Serializing a CDBI object

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu May 3 15:52:34 BST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 07:04:03AM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On 5/2/07, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> >> But I guess that wouldn't be shared across multiple Apache child
> >processes.
> >> What method are you thinking of using? Memcached?
>
> Aargh, not memcached!  It's a cache.  It's not a session database.

In that you can lose session data?  Cache::FastMmap is the same way
and is often used for session data.  Or another reason?

Just looking at options at this point, but thinking about
session stores when using a number of web servers on different
machines -- and not using sticky sessions.  So the session data has to
be available to all servers.

The database might indeed turn out to be the best approach, but also
considering ways to reduce the load on the database.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org