[CDBI] TEMP columns not persisting through $self->add_to_<something>s

Berg, Eric eric.berg at lehman.com
Tue May 15 02:36:10 BST 2007

 Not quite.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I have a method in my Test object that loads some data to create the
Actions using $test->add_to_actions().  It's called as
$test->load_action_defs(). In that method the actions have their TEMP
column values, but when I look at the Actions after that runs, the
actions are populated only with their id's.

I do run an after_create trigger on the actions that sets another TEMP
column value, which might have implications that I'm not aware of.

But basically, I call the method that does the add_to_actions(), and
when I return from that method, the temp columns in the Action objects
that I get with $test->actions have only the Primary column.

I hope that's more clear.

Eric.