[CDBI] TEMP columns not persisting through $self->add_to_<something>s

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Tue May 15 03:52:11 BST 2007

On 5/14/07, Berg, Eric <eric.berg at lehman.com> wrote:
> But basically, I call the method that does the add_to_actions(), and
> when I return from that method, the temp columns in the Action objects
> that I get with $test->actions have only the Primary column.

Hmm, I think that's what I just said.  When you return from
load_action_defs(), unless you pass references to the objects you
created, they are gone forever, along with all their TEMP data.  When
you call actions(), it fetches fresh objects from the database, and of
course they have no TEMP values.

Either add real columns for these values, or pass around the objects in memory.