[CDBI] DBD::SQLite 1.14 and Class::DBI?

Stephen Steneker stennie at cpan.org
Thu Sep 20 15:11:13 BST 2007

> I just saw on http://use.perl.org/ that DBD::SQLite 1.14 has been
> released.
> Anyone want to be a guinea pig and test it with Class::DBI? The
> Changes file
> gives some hope in that it claims to have fixed various problems with
> preparing statement handles. Hopefully, 1.14 has fixed that problem
> that 1.13
> has had with Class::DBI for a long time.

Hi Ed,

We've been using DBD::SQLite 1.11 due to the compatibility
problems with newer versions.

A preliminary run with DBD::SQLite 1.14 shows must of our
CDBI-based tests now passing but we still have some failures
with errors similar to:

    statement handle DBIx::ContextualFetch::st=HASH(0x1936300) still
    Active at ../Ima/DBI.pm line 398

The Class::DBI 3.0.16 test suite generates similar warnings, but
apparently no fatal errors.

I'd be inclined to wait for a next release of either Class::DBI or
DBD::SQLite where someone has had a chance to properly
investigate and document/fix whatever has changed.

Cheers,
Stephen