[CDBI] List still active ?

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Wed Aug 27 16:16:16 BST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Simon Wilcox <essuu at ourshack.com> wrote:
> So, in an attempt to liven things up a bit - who's still using Class::DBI ?

I am.  The main codebase I work on these days is built with it and I
expect it will remain that way.

> Is anyone using it for new projects or have you replaced it with
> something else and if so, with what ?

For clean slate projects, I would use Rose::DB::Object, but that kind
of project is rare.  The beautiful and terrible thing about Class::DBI
is that you can solve almost any issue with it by using SQL, so it's
hard to justify spending the time to port working code to something
else.