[CDBI] List still active ?

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Wed Aug 27 22:10:48 BST 2008

I believe much of the wind went out of the sails, when the Tony Bowden
(co-author and maintainer), said in the perldoc of the module:

"Getting changes accepted
There is an active Class::DBI community, however I am not part of it.
I am not on the mailing list, and I don't follow the wiki. I also do
not follow Perl Monks or CPAN reviews or annoCPAN or whatever the tool
du jour happens to be.

If you find a problem with Class::DBI, by all means discuss it in any
of these places, but don't expect anything to happen unless you
actually tell me about it.

The preferred method for doing this is via the CPAN RT interface,
which you can access at http://rt.cpan.org/ or by emailing
bugs-Class-DBI at rt.cpan.org

If you email me personally about Class::DBI issues, then I will
probably bounce them on to there, unless you specifically ask me not
to. Otherwise I can't keep track of what all needs fixed. (This of
course means that if you ask me not to send your mail to RT, there's a
much higher chance that nothing will every happen about your
problem)."

And a bit of an Sh** Storm erupted.

Since then I believe DBIx::Class started getting much of the attention.

My .02
Jay