[CDBI] Inconsistent reads from database when using web interface

Alan alan at ufies.org
Thu Aug 28 23:23:39 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 03:01:07PM -0700, Carlos Vicente wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can give me some hints on this.  My CDBI application
> has a web interface using mod_perl and Mason.  I'm currently using MySQL
> with InnoDB.
>
> The problem I'm running into is that after updating the DB using a web
> form, it keeps showing the previous values for a while.  Also, reloading
> the page shows the value intermittently, as if some of the Apache
> processes were returning a cached result, and some weren't.  This is
> very annoying to the user, who thinks that something is definitely
> broken in the application.

Maybe a stupid question, but have you reloaded / restarted apache?  I
sometimes get pages that will load old or newly updated code and results
due to the mason / CDBI / apache caching.  An apache reload fixed it
though and forces all of apache to return the same code.

--
Alan <alan at ufies.org> - http://arcterex.net