[CDBI] List still active ?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Fri Aug 29 07:54:35 BST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:16:16AM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> For clean slate projects, I would use Rose::DB::Object, but that kind
> of project is rare.  The beautiful and terrible thing about Class::DBI
> is that you can solve almost any issue with it by using SQL, so it's
> hard to justify spending the time to port working code to something
> else.

I'm also using it on active projects.  I would agree with Perrin here
about using SQL.  I find it does work great as a simple ORM but when I
have more complicated queries I love how easy it is to use SQL
directly -- and I do think SQL is the best language for the complex
queries.

DBIx::Class has a lot of power, but I do like the simplicity of
Class::DBI.  Class::DBI's code is pretty easy to look at and
understand what's happening.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org